||[Jun. 22nd, 2008|11:47 pm]
The SirHellsing420 Graphic Showcase
How to go from this: into this:
For Photoshop 7.0;intermediate level.
1. Do whatever steps are necessary for you to prepare your base image.
2. Create a selective color adjustment layer with these values:
red: -100, -13, -10, 9
yellow: -15, 6, -14, 0
neutrals: 6, -2, -10, -2
black: 0, 0, 0, 7
3. Create a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Raise the saturation up by 15.
4. Create a brightness/contrast adjustment layer. Raise the brightness by 7 and the contrast by 4.
5. Merge all layers.
Your icon should look similar to this now:
6. Create a solid color adjustment layer. Fill it with #EFD4A9. Set the blending mode to luminosity with an opacity of 50%. Then go to image -> apply image. Set the blending mode to normal.
7. Create another solid color adjusemtn layer. Fill it with #007DC6. Set the blending mode to difference with an opacity of 50%. Like in the previous step use the apply image command but this time invert it (ctrl+I).
8. Duplicate your base layer, drag it to the top, and set its blending mode to soft light.
9. Merge all layers again, then click on image -> adjustments -> auto-levels.
And there you go! :D